Saturday, August 8, 2009

Moving right along...

We're leaving Santa Fe & moving to a 100 acre nature preserve near Austin, Texas in less than 10 days. I am struck by how, when I make a big move, it's the land I miss more than the people. That's not to say I won't miss the people, but, I suppose, I'll be in touch with my friends and you can't just call up the land. Visits to places require more effort.

The move, and graphic design work, and visits from friends & family taking advantage of one last visit to Santa Fe with a free place to stay, have been dominating my reality recently.

With all of my talk in earlier posts of transitioning from graphic designer to artist, what's been happening lately is interesting. Over the last few months I have been approached by several clients, with whom I felt I've had "agreements" to do design work for. Each of these pieces has been what I would have considered a medicine art process, but with design, where I started each day ceremoniously, blessing the work, the project, etc. It's been a really enjoyable way to work.

In my practice, I've also received more clarity on my life task work as being more about teaching and healing, and art being more of a personal practice, my own personal medicine.

I love how life continues to unfold and guiding messages continue to reveal themselves, guiding my becoming via small, regular revelations. Uncovering the mystery of Great Spirit who chose to manifest through this little splinter of person, revealing the potential of me.

Haha, it reminds me of a line from Kermit's rainbow connection song, "Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices? I've heard them calling my name. Is it the sweet sound that calls the young sailor? I think it's one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it, it's something I'm supposed to be. Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection..."

It's like a blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment