Monday, June 29, 2009

Inspired

Interesting times...

I want to remember that (just as my work is a gift from spirit) I offer my work as a gift to spirit in joy and gratitude for being.

On Friday I spent quite a bit of time visiting Galleries in Santa Fe. I am feeling particularly inspired by the work of Hung Lui, a chinese artist who uses mixed media and paint between layers of acrylic resin. I've been inspired with vision for multiple art pieces lately, but have been hemming and hawing over medium. I've been playing with pastel, and enjoy it, but after seeing the work of Lui, I see so much possibility for expressing these visions through layers, incorporating both transparent and opaque imagery, the precision of digital and the organic of paint. Very exciting.



Hung Liu · Calendar Girl II · 2008 · Turner Carroll Galery

No comments:

Post a Comment